The Flooring People who care
M&D flooring is a family run flooring contractor based in Great Stukeley and Ramsey near Huntingdon, run by the Silsby family.
David has been in flooring since 1976, becoming a sole trader in 1994 working for various shops in the local area. In 2002 David’s son Matthew finished school and decided he wanted to learn the flooring trade too. M&D Flooring was created in 2005 when we realised we loved taking responsibility for the whole flooring project. Managing the whole process from quoting to fitting meant we could do everything in the right way and guarantee customer satisfaction.
This includes everything from the selection to the fitting of the flooring, right through to our open and honest approach to pricing.
Our thriving business has been built on the foundations of putting the customer first and building up the business through customer recommendations.
Here’s the step by step process:
- We bring a range of samples to your home or office, at your convenience–including evenings and Saturdays.
- While you get your hands on our huge range of carpets, wood, vinyl and laminate samples we can measure up your project.
- We can help you match colours with your existing décor and suggest bespoke patterns that will make your new floor unique.
- We can quote you there and then (unless it’s a particularly large job).
- You can keep your favourite samples for a few days so you can spend some time getting used to them and comparing them in natural and artificial light.
- We can even move large pieces of furniture for you and trim doors that are too low to get your lovely new flooring under.
- We’ll confirm your quote in writing.
- On approval we’ll order the flooring which could be delivered to us within 48 hours.
- Once we get the stock we’ll call you to arrange a fitting time and date. We won’t let you down! After all, we only arrange the appointment once we have the stock, so there are no excuses.
- We’ll turn up on time and we’ll use over 30 years of experience to craft a beautiful new floor for you with no shortcuts. We’ll keep you informed every step of the way.
Once we’re finished we’ll clean up and we can even take away your old flooring for you.
Always delighted with the workmanship, professionalism and finish of the flooring of M and D. Would not hesitate to use again and have used many times already.
Absolutely stunning job by Matthew and his team. They went above and beyond to make sure we got the exact flooring that we wanted. A great local business that delivers the goods - can't recommend M and D Flooring enough. Thanks again guys!
How nice to find a company who puts the customer first. Nothing too much trouble for the fitters and a good job done. Would recommend.
NEWS & UPDATES
We have on display in the shop a bespoke rug making service from Crucial Trading What a great option to have, choose from over 300 carpet designs and styles, choose an edging and your custom size....
At M&D Flooring we are determined to use British companies for our supplies where possible, part of this is also using recyclable materials where possible. We have samples in our showroom of a...
In August 2018 after months of planning and training Matthew started a new sister company called M&D Floor Cleaning Limited, it was started to service previous and current customers of M&D...